The American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy (AASPT) provides a common forum for members of the Association with an interest in sports physical therapy. The mission of the American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy, as a component of the American Physical Therapy Association, is to promote excellence in sports physical therapy practice, research, education, and professional development. Our vision is to be the leader in sports physical therapy.
Practice: promote and progress sports physical therapy
Research: advance sports physical therapy research and scholarship
Education: define and enhance sports physical therapy education
Professional Development: advocate and provide resources for mentorship and growth
Engagement: facilitate member involvement and leadership
Sustainability: responsibly manage organizational resources
• Advance a culture of excellence in sports physical therapy practice, research, education, and professional development;
• Promote and advance sports physical therapy across professions and in society;
• Identify and respond to professional issues concerning sports physical therapy;
• Foster communication, collaboration, and mentorship among members;
• Assist APTA in furthering its objectives as outlined in the bylaws and by policy statements/actions taken by the House of Delegates.
If you're interested in Sports Physical Therapy, this is the place! Browse our site for information on membership benefits, educational courses, publications, news and events and more. Our resources span the nation, the continent and even the globe!
The Legacy Fund
Become a Member: Benefits and Pricing