Hey there, beautiful souls! Are you tired of dull and damaged hair? Have you ever dreamt of luscious locks and shiny, bouncy hair? Well, then, do not stop yourself from trying avocado oil & peppermint oil for hair growth.
In the urge to flaunt long and strong hair, we often spend endlessly on fancy products. However, in this journey of complex hair care routine, we often overlook essential oils.
The potent blends of essential oils have always been a part of our lives, and it is time to look back on those simple and natural remedies again.
|Rich in Monosaturated Fats
|Minimal Fat Content
|Rich in Vitamin E, K, C, B6
|Contain Vitamin A
|It contains menthol, a natural antioxidant
|Deeply nourish and moisturize
|Stimulates scalp, thus improving circulation.
|Reduce inflammation on the scalp
|Offer soothing effects
|Hair Growth Support
|Promotes strength and thus facilitates hair growth
|Stimulate hair follicles
|Mild, earth scent
|Refreshing minty aroma
Avocado Oil for Hair Growth
Let’s delve into the list of hair care benefits,
➡️ It Offers Deep Moisturisation
Avocado oil is rich in Vitamin E, oleic acid, and monosaturated fats, thus providing intense moisturization to hair.
Using it regularly may help prevent dryness and split ends, promoting overall hair health.
➡️ Nutrient Rich Composition
It is packed with folate and vitamins K, C, and B6, thus helping nourish the hair follicles.
Massaging it regularly on the scalp may increase blood circulation, thus supporting the growth of healthier and shinier strands.
➡️ Scalp Health
Being a rich source of antioxidants, it may help reduce dandruff, thus promoting scalp health. The oil penetrates quickly into the scalp and helps maintain its natural balance.
➡️ Strengthening Properties
Using it regularly helps reduce breakage and strengthen the hair shafts. Some anecdotal evidence also suggests that this oil may boost hair growth, contributing to longer, stronger, and thicker hair.
➡️ Improves Elasticity
It enhances hair elasticity, thus preventing breakage, managing frizz, and making it more manageable.
Peppermint Oil for Hair Growth
Let’s delve into the list of hair care benefits:
➡️ Stimulates Hair Follicles
Massaging peppermint oil regularly on the scalp stimulates hair follicles, promotes blood circulation, and thus helps in hair growth. It also leaves a cooling, refreshing, and invigorating effect on the scalp.
➡️ Prevents Hair Loss
The presence of menthol as an antioxidant may strengthen the roots, thus helping to prevent excessive shedding. This benefit makes peppermint oil an excellent natural product for maintaining a fuller head of hair.
➡️ Balances Scalp pH
By balancing the pH level of the scalp, it creates a favorable environment for hair growth. A well-balanced scalp is less prone to infections and has better possibilities for stronger and longer hair.
➡️ Reduces Dandruff
With its antimicrobial properties, this potent oil may assist in controlling dandruff and itchy scalp, promoting healthy possibilities for hair growth.
➡️ Aromatherapy Benefits
Due to its refreshing scent, this minty oil may also offer aromatherapy benefits. Using it regularly reduces stress and provides a sensory boost, thus positively contributing to a hair care routine.
Types of Oils and Their Benefits for Hair Growth
➡️ Refined Avocado Oil
- Processing Method: It is extracted using heat and chemicals.
- Benefits: Mild flavor, high smoke point, thus suitable for cooking.
- Hair Growth: It may have fewer beneficial compounds due to the processing method and chemicals.
➡️ Unrefined (virgin) Avocado Oil
- Processing Method: It is extracted using cold pressing, which helps maintain its nutritional properties.
- Benefits: It is rich in nutrients, gains better color, and has a strong flavor.
- Hair Growth: Ideal for topical application on hair and scalp.
Amongst these two, the virgin, unrefined version is considered better for hair growth. The cold pressing extraction method preserves maximum nutrients beneficial for hair growth.
➡️ Peppermint Essential Oil
- Processing Method: It is distilled from the leaves of peppermint.
- Benefits: It is concentrated, has a strong aroma, and is ideal for therapeutic usage.
- Hair Growth: When used correctly and in small quantities, it may offer a range of benefits.
➡️ Peppermint Oil Infusion
- Processing Method: Peppermint leaves are infused in a carrier oil like coconut, olive, or jojoba.
- Benefits: It is milder, retains therapeutic properties, and is easier to use.
- Hair Growth: It is easier to apply on hair directly and has the benefits of multiple oils.
However, essential oil and diluted versions are best among the above two. However, mixing the essential oil with a carrier oil (due to its potency) is always a hassle, so people often choose the infused version.
How to use them?
Here’s how you can incorporate these oils into your hair care routine for effective results:
- Always choose high-quality, unrefined versions.
- Dilute if needed. To do so, take a bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of Avocado oil with 5 to 7 drops of peppermint oil. Warm the oil mixture for a few seconds, or skip this step.
- Now, with the help of your fingers, take some oil on your palms, rub both your palms to warm the oil, and start massing your scalp lightly and naturally. Massage in a circular motion. However, if you have fragile hair, avoid massaging and simply pat the hair oil in your roots with the help of a cotton ball or your fingers.
- Now, apply some oil to the length of your hair without rubbing it harshly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or a silk cover for 3 to 4 hours for maximum nourishment.
- Lastly, wash with a mild shampoo and follow it with a conditioner.
- Use this oil mixture once or twice a week.
That’s all about the dynamic duo of avocado oil & peppermint oil for hair growth. These hair oils (together or standalone) are a natural and effective solution for those seeking to enhance their hair care game.
Their nutrient-rich composition and scalp-nourishing properties work wonders. Use them as hair oils or mix them with your DIY hair care mask and enjoy the results within a few uses only.
However, tailor the quantity of oil and the frequency of usage depending on your hair quality and concern. Also, do not forget to perform a patch test before.
- Oh, J. Y., Park, M. A., & Kim, Y. C. (2014, December). Peppermint oil promotes hair growth without toxic signs. Toxicological Research, 30(4), 297–304.Retrieved from
- Fulgoni, V. L., Dreher, M., & Davenport, A. J. (2013)Avocado consumption is associated with better diet quality and nutrient intake, and lower metabolic syndrome risk in US adults: Results from the NationalHealth and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2001–2008. The Journal of Nutrition, 12(1).Retrieved from