Gut health refers to the complex system including GI tracts and intestines which govern what we eat and drink. As explained before, these are complex and often run into problems so like oiling a machine we might need to treat it properly to get it up and running.
Symptoms of bad gut health
There are certain symptoms that could point out to you having poor gut health. That could include-
- Digestive issues– This could include building up of gas, bloating, and constipation. People also suffer from loose motions otherwise known as diarrhea.
- Abdominal cramping– It could lead to cramping which means consistent pain in the abdominal area. A heartburn or reflux could also be a cause of worry. This occurs when the gas travels to your respiratory area causing a lot of distress.
- Changes in appetite– Once your gut health is not good enough, it might cause your appetite to diminish. You might feel hungry as you should and this will make you weaker.
- Mood disturbances– An upset stomach can never elevate your mood levels and you will end up becoming cranky. This could also lead to problems related to memory, cognition, and concentration.
- Skin conditions– Scientists also believe that people with poor gut health can also suffer from skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
The conclusion we draw underlines the fact that maintaining good health is more of a lifestyle choice than a quick fix. You might need to do all the things listed above consistently and even submit yourself to a medical checkup and find out if it is working.