The kind that you do every Sunday, the moisturizing face mask, a body scrub, and a food bath? Why not take the opportunity to take care of your hair too? After a sebum treatment or a hair detox, nothing beats a here oil bath or a mask with a few natural and effective ingredients.
Hair masks are probably the simplest and most effective beauty treatment to do at home. Here we will give you our best recipes to pamper your manes with what is in the cupboard. Doing a hair mask regularly is essential to maintain the health, beauty, and strength of our manes.
The best thing is still to make your mask and adapt them to your hair type, with natural and homemade ingredients, so you are assured of what we nourish and beautify your locks. But above all, beyond the beauty of the hair, here is what a good natural and homemade mask can bring you.
What hair mask to use for dandruff?
An irritated scalp can lead to flaky shedding and dandruff. Causes include stress, dietary deficiencies, hormonal conditions, and weather-induced scalp oil imbalances. Haircare experts recommend homemade scalp purifying remedies to reduce dandruff and soothe an irritated scalp.
For a dandruff-fighting hair mask, you can create a DIY mask using natural ingredients known for their antifungal and soothing properties. Here’s a simple recipe using common household items:
5 DIY Hair Mask For Dandruff
1. Patchouli Oil
- Mix 10 drops of patchouli oil with green clay, aspic lavender, or tea tree.
- Add lukewarm water until a fairly fluid paste forms.
- Make sure you apply high-density proportion to the scalp and gently massage.
- Leave on for 30 minutes then rinse.
- This treatment replaces shampoo.
- To clean the length, when rinsing.
- Finish with a final shine rinse (300 ml of water + 2 tbsp of cedar vinegar or coconut or pomegranate vinegar).
2. yogurt and baking soda
Baking soda is the magic ingredient to have in your cupboard. Here, we will use it to cleanse the skull and eliminate dead cells. As for yogurt, it will deeply nourish the scalp. Our anti-dandruff mask recipe with yogurt and baking soda:
- Mix one natural yogurt with one teaspoon of baking soda
- Add three drops of tea tree essential oil (known for its purifying properties and its anti-dandruff action).
- Apply the preparation to wet hair and massage the scalp well
- Leave the mask on for 30 minutes
- Rinse, then use your usual shampoo
3. cider vinegar and vegetable oils
Here, we use cider vinegar for its recognized antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Combined with vegetable oil, which nourishes the scalp and soothes itching, it helps to effectively combat dandruff.
Our hair mask recipe with cedar vinegar and vegetable oil:
- Mix 2 tbsp of castor oil, two tablespoons of olive oil, and 3 tbsp of cedar vinegar
- Add 1 beaten egg yolk (rich in nutrients!) I stir the mixture until you obtain a thick texture.
- Apply the mask to damp hair and massage your scalp to begin to penetrate. Gather your hair under plastic film or a bath cap.
- Then cover everything with a warm, damp towel so that the mask penetrates completely.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse before shampooing.
4. white clay
Ideal for dry hair, the white clay mask rids the scalp of dandruff residue and promotes hydration.
Our anti-dandruff mask recipe with white clay:
- In a bowl of Lukeman water, pour 4 teaspoons of powdered clay to obtain a paste
- Add a few drops of lemon juice: it has acidifying properties and will help eliminate dead skin particles
- Apply the preparation to your hair and wrap it in a towel
- After 30 minutes of application, you can shampoo
5. green clay
Unlike white clay, green clay is perfect for oily hair. It will absorb excess sebum and rid the hair of its residue.
Our green clay hair mask recipe:
- Dilute three teaspoons of green clay with water
- Add 8 drops of eucalyptus essential oil (with antiseptic and antimicrobial quality).
- The preparation must be flexible and homogeneous.
- Apply this remedy and then rub and massage it very well on the scalp
- Leave it on for 15 minutes, wrapping your head in a towel
- Then rinse thoroughly to remove all the clay from the hair
Don’t hesitate to make one of these homemade hair masks at least once a week to get rid of dandruff. To complete this routine with good daily reflexes, you can follow expert advice on anti-dandruff hair care
The ingredients in this recipe are known for their nourishing, strengthening, and stimulating properties towards the scalp and hair follicles. These home remedies are known to stimulate hair growth, deeply hydrate, nourish hair, and contain proteins and vitamins that strengthen hair.
You can pair this ritual with the use of a hair serum specifically formulated to treat hair growth and therefore prevent hair loss. Have you tested? What do you think? Do you have any other homemade dandruff treatment recipes? If yes, don’t hesitate.