Explicit beauty is linked to unblemished skin. When the skin has some patches, spots, or color changes, it makes a person uncomfortable. Sometimes the skin can get exposed to sunlight and the sun rays can cause dark skin. Most times people get tan not only from sunlight but from bedside lanterns or chemical products. If you have a tan, you might be curious to know how long it takes to fade. This article will explore the natural tips and home remedies to get rid of tan.
Understand Tan And How It Come About
Tan is the darkening of the skin caused by sun rays, light rays, or chemical products. Most times, people can cause self-tan by deliberately exposing their skin to the sun or using chemical products like skin bleaching cream.
The most common is sun tan which develops when the sun changes the pigment of the skin to a darker colour. Most tan can not be removed by simply scrubbing off while taking your bath. It requires methods that can help fade it.
However, without applying anything on the affected skin, sun tan may eventually fade and it can begin a few weeks after being noticed. This is made possible because the body sheds off dead skin cells and replaces them with new ones. A tan from chemical products can fade over time as the skin renews but it’s rare.
Natural Tips And Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Tan?
Just applying anything recommended for your tan won’t be good, it can lead to more skin problems. The best remedy is to try out the natural tips listed below:
- Potato slices: when there’s any form of dark pigmentation on the skin, potatoes are just the right remedy to get rid of it effectively. Potatoes have a skin-lightening pigment and antioxidants that fight off increased free radicals.
- Pineapple: this amazing fruit can reverse skin damage by lightening the skin. It also has antioxidants that fight free radicals. Apply pineapple pulp mix with honey to the tanned spot and wash off after 20 minutes.
- Strawberries: these are great remedies for getting rid of tans. Strawberries have a natural skin-brightening component. Strawberries are also rich in alpha-hydroxy acids and vitamin C which lightens skin. You can use strawberries by making a mash mixed with a spoonful of fresh cream. After you apply it, allow it for twenty minutes, then wash it off with cold water.
- Lemon: lemon is well known as a natural bleaching agent. The high level of citric acid and vitamin C in it helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and removal of the melanin that causes the tan.
- Aloe Vera: aloe vera is rich in vitamin E and it enhances beauty, skin smoothness, glowing, and skin health. Other amazing properties it has are antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which helps in cooling the skin and removing the tan. Get aloe vera and apply daily on the affected area for the best results.
- Orange: orange is best known to be extremely high in vitamin C. These nutrients can repair skin damage, brighten it, and remove any odd spots, scars, wrinkles, or marks. In a week of orange use, your tan can completely disappear.
How To Avoid Tan?
It’s best to avoid getting a tan of any kind. Below are a few precautions to take in order to avoid getting tan:
- Use a good sunscreen that doesn’t contain parabens
- When it emits strong radiation, cover yourself with an umbrella.
- Make use of gotten scarf to cover your head and face
- Do not use bleaching cream
- Steer clear of chemical products that can cause tan
- Do not expose your body too frequently to sunlight
Prevention is better than cure, it is best to avoid engaging in ways that can bring about tan. Use the avoid techniques above during summer and protect your skin not just from tan, but also from harmful radiation from the sun that can cause skin cancer.
Exposing our skin to sun, chemical, or bleaching cream might not only cause tan but other severe health issues. It will be wise to steer clear of any substance that can damage our skin.
If you experience tan and are seeking for every means possible to get rid of it, use the natural methods listed above. They are reliable, natural, and effective.