Vaping can cause sore throats for various reasons, and it is one of the common effects of it. One of the main reasons can be an ingredient in vapors such as nicotine, propylene glycol, and food-grade colors. Throat soreness due to vaping can cause pain, discomfort, burning sensation, and sometimes swelling. Thus, this article explores some ways to cure sore throat from vaping.
6 Ways To Heal Your Sore Throat From Vaping
1] Keep Your Throat Hydrated With Water
It is important to keep your throat hydrated by drinking water when having a sore throat. It is one of the easiest and most basic ways to cure sore throat from vaping.
- Drinking enough water can prevent your throat from drying up and causing soreness.
- Besides, the intake of fluids can make sure to soothe your throat by keeping it moist.
- When our body is dehydrated, we are not able to produce enough saliva and mucus. Thus, it is important to drink enough water and keep your throat hydrated.
- Also, intake of water can clear your throat and keep the tissue moist to reduce irritation.
2] Salt Water Gargle Can Give Relief
When you have a sore throat due to vaping, salt water gargle can be an effective way to get relief. Take a teaspoon of salt, mix it in a glass of water, and gargle it two to three times.
- Gargling salt water can help loosen mucus, which can reduce soreness.
- When you gargle salt water, the sodium chloride creates a saline coat over the mouth and throat.
- It can also reduce inflammation and pain due to soreness.
- Moreover, salt water can help kill soar bacteria causing soreness in your throat.
- In addition, when you gargle salt, it balances the pH level in your mouth, which can help relieve sore throat.
3] Say No To Acidic And Spicy Foods
It is better to avoid acidic and spic foods when you are suffering from sore throat because of vaping. Such foods increase inflammation, causing more discomfort for you.
- Having acidic foods during sore throat can irritate the already tender surface of the throat.
- Also, eating spicy foods can increase pain and give a burning sensation; thus, it is better to avoid them.
- Having acidic or spicy foods in your stomach can cause acid reflux, which can also affect your sore throat.
4] Try Drinking Warm Beverages
Drinking warm can also help to relieve sore throat from vaping. The hot drinks can provide some relaxation to the throat with heat. However, do not consider coffee as caffeine can dry up the mouth further.
- Hot drinks such as tea, soup, etc can help relieve the sore throat. This is because the heat in the mouth increases saliva and mucus production, which can reduce soreness.
- Besides, the warmness of hot beverages can bring relief to the throat muscles and reduce pain and soreness.
- Make sure that the beverages are not too much hot; instead, prefer lukewarm. This is because too much heat can burn your throat, causing more discomfort.
5] You Can Also Try Cold Beverages
If you do not find drinking warm beverages effective in curing your sore throat, then you can give it a try to cold beverages. Just make sure not to make the drink too chilled.
- Drinking cold and icy beverages can help reduce the pain of a sore throat. The low temperature numbs the pain and cures the soreness from vaping.
- Coldness can give relief to sore muscles of the throat to reduce discomfort and pain.
- In addition to beverages, you can also find other cold edible things like ice creams and yogurt.
6] Honey Can Be A Soothing Syrup
Honey is a natural sweetener that works perfectly for sore throats. Having two tablespoons of honey every day can give you relief from soreness due to vaping.
- It is rich in antioxidants and antimicrobial compounds that can reduce symptoms of sore throat.
- Moreover, you can add honey to warm water or tea to make a sore-curing drink.
- The smoothness of honey can soothe your throat and give you relief from pain and discomfort.
In addition to the above-mentioned ways, if you want to cure sore throat from vaping, try to reduce smoking and consumption of alcohol. These can be extra irritants for your sore throat. Moreover, if you still have the problem, then it would be better to consult a doctor without waiting to go through more complexity.