Who doesn’t like it when their hair is long, shiny, and strong? It is a dream of almost every female to have healthy hair that is free from hair fall and other damage. If your scalp and hair are healthy, then you can notice that your hair grows faster and stronger. There are various ways through which you can promote your hair growth, and the most popular one is the use of vitamin C.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant component that helps you to protect the hair follicles and cells from oxidative stress that is generally caused by free radicles. It takes the help of natural oil produced by the hair follicles and thus keeps it moisturized. Dry hair can be easily damaged, broken, or be the reason for hair fall.
Massaging vitamin C in the scalp promotes blood circulation and also protects the hair from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Now, let us have a look at how vitamin C promotes hair growth and the ways that you can consider using it.
Efficient Usage Of Vitamin C For Hair Growth
- Vitamin C helps in collagen synthesis, and thus, you must take supplements that contain both of them. Hydrolyzed collagen peptides, i.e., types I, III, and V, are the best collagens that promote hair growth and its structure.
- To enjoy the best results regarding hair growth, you can combine vitamin C serum or oil with carrier oils like coconut, olive, jojoba, or almond. You can mix them in a proper proportion and further massage your scalp to improve blood circulation. When your blood flows well in the body, it can ultimately promote hair growth.
- Apart from applying vitamin C to your hair or scalp, you can include some vitamin C-rich food items in your diet. Having a properly balanced diet can promote hair growth from within, as your body also needs nourishment along with the hair. Fruits and vegetables like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, guava, bell peppers, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, white potatoes, and tomatoes are excellent sources of vitamin C.
- It is best to use hair care products like shampoos, conditioners, serums, and oils that have vitamin C as their composition ingredient. These products keep the scalps moisturized and also promote blood circulation. Vitamin C nourishes the hair follicles and scalp, thus promoting hair growth.
- Take a Vitamin C tablet, crush it, and put the powder in a bowl. Now, take a few drops of natural oil such as coconut, olive, or castor oil and mix them to create a hair mask. Apply it on your scalp, leave it for a few minutes, and then rinse it with lukewarm water. This nourishes your scalp and hair, thus promoting its growth and shine.
- Other than these, you can consider administering vitamin C supplements if your dietary intake is not sufficient. It is best if you include vitamin C-rich food items in your diet, but if, due to your schedule, you are unable to do so, then consult your healthcare provider first and then take the necessary supplements.
Why Is Vitamin C Considered The Important Element For Hair Growth?
Vitamin C is ascorbic acid and has collagen synthesis, iron absorption, wound healing, antioxidant, and UV protection properties. It is good for skin as well as hair because it has the tendency to promote blood circulation and support hair growth. Also, it can help to make it stronger and healthier, i.e., a hair structure that is prone to any kind of breakage or damage.
The component also helps you prevent hair loss and keep moisturizer locked so that you won’t have a dry or itchy scalp. It also absorbs non-heme iron and contributes to hemoglobin formation and, thus, the circulation of oxygen throughout the body.
In conclusion, Vitamin C alone is beneficial to promote hair growth, but when it is mixed with other minerals and nutrients, you can experience better results. It is also important to check and improve your living style as there are several foreign factors that can contribute to your hair loss. If you want your hair to grow strong and healthy, then you must maintain your diet, use the best hair care products, and keep it hydrated and nourished. If you have specific concerns regarding your hair, then you must visit a dermatologist and get the best advice and treatments.