Every couple wants to have a healthy baby and loves to share their journey, which can be challenging and even exciting. A man with low testosterone suffers many difficulties like depression, mood swings, low libido, erectile dysfunction, and more. Also, when going through testosterone therapy or injections if suffering from low, it’s natural to think if pregnancy is still an achievable goal or if it can hamper fertility.
But with the advancement of technology and medical improvement, it is possible to have a baby even if your husband is taking testosterone injections. However, if you still want to know how it affects fertility and what percentage gives the possibility of being pregnant again, then this article is right to read. Here is in-depth knowledge of testosterone injections with few factors to conditions and monitor for increasing sperm count to make pregnant again.
The Connection Between TRT And Men’s Fertility
Testosterone levels are the main part of the male reproductive system, which defines the sperm counts that are able to fertilize eggs within the uterus of women. If a man has healthy testosterone levels, it gives various benefits like improved mood, increased muscle mass, improved men’s fertility, enhanced Lipido, and many more.
However, if it counts lower, they are provided with testosterone injections, referred to as low T. Also, this Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) increases the levels but sometimes leads to temporarily reduced sperm production. Besides, it shows some of the side effects while taking injections like-
- Mood swing
- Fever, nausea, or stomach pain.
- Acne or other skin problems.
- Also, it causes fluid retention or other health issues.
Also, doctors are well aware of this potential side effect, but proper treatment can make it possible for his better half to be pregnant again. Besides, after proper analysis, they usually adjust a patient’s testosterone treatment plan to maximize the chances of being pregnant.
Does TRT Make You Infertile?
With the statement of doctors, there is a strong connection between testosterone and fertility. If it counts lower, there is less chance of fertilizing eggs in the uterus. However, if it is normal or high, fertility chances increase without a doubt. Also, proper sperm development depends on the normal function of the testicles and the regulation of two endocrine glands in the brain. It includes-
- Pituitary gland
Besides, these glands are responsible for producing testosterone inside the testicles, but if it overstimulates, it gives negative results. Moreover, testosterone therapy is given to increase blood T levels, and it suppresses the glands to send messages to the brain.
Further, testicles no longer stimulate and produce testosterone, which leads to infertility. So, if you are hunting for the fact- my husband takes testosterone injections. Can I still get pregnant? Then your query is right, as once TRT is initiated, the sperm count slowly starts to decrease and can even reach zero after 2-4 months of therapy on average.
However, there are many tips and strategies for getting pregnant, even if your partner suffers from low sperm count, which are explained below.
Tips For Getting Pregnant With Low Sperm Count
The effects of testosterone injections are different in every individual as they vary in body type and acceptance. When your husband is taking this injection, some can develop the chances of pregnancy, and approximately 10% lose sperm count, which affects pregnancy. However, here are some ways to increase the chances of pregnancy even if taking this injection-
- If your husband undergoes lifestyle changes like maintaining a healthy weight, limiting alcohol and caffeine, quitting smoking, and managing stress, then there is a high probability you can get pregnant.
- Also, some fertility-boosting supplements can eventually increase fertility levels, and listen to good news from their wife that they are pregnant.
- Besides, there are many alternative fertility treatments like Intrauterine insemination (IUI), in which sperm is directly placed into the uterus to make a lady pregnant. Also, another treatment is called In vitro fertilization (IVF), which involves harvesting eggs being fertilized outside the body or tube and further implanting the resulting embryo into the uterus.
How To Increase Testosterone Without Affecting Fertility
A man with a low sperm count suffers difficulty in fertility. However, there are many natural ways to increase testosterone without affecting fertility. Some of them are given below-
- If you want to improve your testosterone levels naturally, you must take dietary supplements with caution, as there can be side effects due to their interactions.
- It is essential to cut down alcohol consumption as it vigorously hampers hormone levels in the body.
- You can go for a weight management plan, as increased weight can aid in lowering testosterone levels and further fertility.
- You must try to improve your sleep hygiene and get enough sleep to increase your testosterone level and fertility chances.
- Also, get 30 minutes of sunlight daily as it gives abundant Vitamin D that helps manage hormone levels in the body.
- Besides, it is necessary to lower stress, anxiety, and others to get proper control over mental disorders for increasing testosterone levels in the body.
- Include more exercises like walking, dancing, and aerobics to increase hormone efficiency and chances of fertility with improved testosterone levels.
Testosterone injections are usually given to men with low testosterone levels. Moreover, it totally depends on the women’s reproductive system, where hormonal imbalances affect pregnancy status and lead to infertility or not getting pregnant. Also, it can further disrupt the natural hormone production system.
Besides, ovulation and the quality of sperm are the major factors that make it challenging for fertility, and the best way is to talk to the health care provider. They will find out the underlying cause and give you better treatments. Besides talking about testosterone injections, the effects mainly depend on the duration, dosage, age, and overall health.
Yes, you can go through pregnancy even after your husband is on testosterone, but it takes time. He should undergo proper evaluation, medication, and advice from the doctor or even avoid testosterone injections.
Researchers say that 40% of men experience complete sperm count, while 30% experience partial or no change of sperm count, indicating that there is a potential risk of infertility in men. TRT is unlikely to affect your partner’s ability to conceive and further affect the percentage of getting pregnant.
If a man has high testosterone levels, it does not directly affect infertility, and there is no harm to their reproductive health. You can get pregnant and deliver a healthy child.
Women taking testosterone show different effects and vary from body to body. Also, it shows some side effects like irregular menstrual cycles, shrinking breast size, skin acne, pain in the lower abdomen, anger, aggression, and possibly breast cancer.
No, if the man has a low testosterone level or is on testosterone injection, it can duly affect the pregnancy of their partner as there are very low sperm counts. It makes her wife more challenging to conceive even when trying a lot.