The Running Special Interest Group (Running SIG) exists to further the knowledge of American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy members who have a particular interest in running-related issues. The Running SIG will act as a facilitator for its members by bringing together individuals with a common interest in running issues at regular business meetings and continuing education programming. The Running SIG will also serve as a facilitator for research on various aspects of running performance, injury prevention and the physical therapy management of running-related injuries.
The Running SIG will provide a forum for discussion, a venue for program development, and a presence in the public arena of the American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy. In particular the Running SIG shall:
• Enhance physical therapy diagnosis and management of running-related issues using the best available evidence.
• Provide a forum for discussion of running-related issues among Academy members, as well as other Association sections.
• Develop the pursuit of running-related research methods in order to advance physical therapy practice.
Provide a network for enhancing communication between clinicians, academicians and researchers in physical therapy interested in running-related issues.
• Provide a forum for interaction with other health care professionals regarding running-related issues.
Represent the interests of the membership of the Running SIG within the Academy.
• Provide service to the Academy and the Association as a resource on running-related issues.
Please access our Google Documents List to access information about Running Specialty Clinics across the nation!
Looking for mentorship as a running-specific PT? Connect with a mentor through the Running SIG!
Running SIG Meeting Minutes
For the latest information, updates and professional discussions, please visit the Running SIG on Facebook.
Join the Running Special Interest Group
Running SIG Forum (Members Only)