Academy members interested in a deeper knowledge and understanding of practical applications for concussion management will want to join the newest Academy SIG. The Concussion SIG is working to improve the overall management of concussions, including improved rehabilitation outcomes and safer sports environments for all athletes. The SIG serves as a conduit for information between healthcare providers and will focus on stronger interprofessional collaboration.
The Concussion SIG goals will be to:
• Provide a network for education on sport-related concussion prevention and management.
• Support professional education efforts that focus on sport-related concussions, whether it be acute recognition, prevention, or rehabilitation.
• Support publication of articles that render information about concussions.
• Facilitate concussion related research to identify what is needed across a variety of forums and to encourage collaboration, including across sections.
• Promote and advance comprehensive management for athletes after concussions.
Register today on your member home page!
Not a member of AASPT? Join today at www.apta.org/membership