Welcome to the Youth Athlete Special Interest Group! The SIG was officially formed and recognized in 1999.
To advance knowledge and quality of sports physical therapy for youth athletes.
The mission of the Youth Athlete Special Interest Group of the American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy, as a component of the American Physical Therapy Association, is to promote excellence in the practice, research, education, and professional development in the physical therapy care of the youth athlete.
Join the Youth Athlete Special Interest Group
- Practice: promote and progress sports physical therapy for the youth athlete
- Research: support youth athlete physical therapy research and scholarship
- Education: define and enhance youth athlete physical therapy education
- Professional Development: advocate and provide resources for mentorship and growth to physical therapists who treat the youth athlete
- Engagement: facilitate member involvement and leadership
- Sustainability: responsibly manage organizational resources