A healthy body and mind give you the energy to remain active throughout the day, boost mental strength, and provide other essential benefits. Also, it is well achieved by including a necessary nutritional diet that is enriched with protein, fat, vitamins, minerals, and other supplements like collagen. These give healthy nutritional facts that enhance skin, nails, and hair and help in healthy cell growth of the body.
Collagen is the protein that gives glowing and clear skin and is suitable for all age groups. However, if you are unaware or want detailed information about collagen and its benefits, then you have landed the right article. Here is the in-depth knowledge of collagen, what are its benefits, how it is consumed, and how you can naturally boost collagen in the body.
How Collagen Helps In Boosting Skin Health?
Collagen is a useful substance that helps in enhancing overall physical and mental growth. Besides, when it gets lower, various skin problems such as acne, pimples, darker skin, and other issues develop and affect the quality of skin. So, maintaining collagen levels in the body helps boost many skin benefits like-
- It increases elasticity in the skin and helps in the growth and progression of many connective tissues.
- It helps in removing lines, wrinkles, and looseness through the skin.
- Further, boosting collagen helps in joint stiffness.
What Are The Essential Benefits Of Collagen?
There are many essential benefits of boosting the collagen level in the body. Also, various studies say that an individual can duly develop better collagen levels to have the following advantages-
- If you are taking collagen as a supplement, it helps replace what is naturally lost through aging, work, and other activities.
- It helps in treating pimples and boosts elasticity in the skin.
- Also, it helps boost gut and heart health.
- It helps to keep your joints healthy and prevent many joint diseases.
- Besides, the intake of collagen helps in losing weight.
6 Top Ways To Boost Collagen And Get Fair And Glowing Skin
Collagen is a useful component that is either available in supplements or can be taken through certain foods. Let’s see some useful ways to boost collagen in the body and get fair and glowing skin throughout life.
1. Know The Best Usage Of Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is considered the best herb for treating various diseases. If you want to rapidly boost collagen levels in the body, you should know the best usage and duly benefit. Also, you can use it as a gel, mix it with oil, or drink it with some flavorsome beverages. It helps in treating various skin burns and eases rash, sketches, and other skin infections. Besides, it helps the growth of cells and gives glowing and fair skin.
2. Include Antioxidants Foods In Your Diet
Another best way to increase collagen levels in the body is to include more antioxidants in the diet and get healthier skin. It helps to protect the body from free radicals, which are molecules that are produced during the metabolism process. Besides, these are present in various plant-based foods, available as drinks, and many more. So, you can try taking-
- Licorice Extract
- Mulberry Extract
- Pomegranate Extract
- Coffee Extract
- Green Tea Or Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate, Green Tea’s Active Component
- Yerba Mate And Other Foods.
3. Get Benefited From Retinol And Other Carotenoids
Retinol and other carotenoids are essential compounds that have many health benefits, along with increasing collagen levels in the body. It helps to boost skin health, makes it glowing and pimples-free, and gives clear skin. Also, it is believed that taking Retinol and other carotenoids helps protect the skin from sun exposure and increases collagen levels. It is available in food such as beef liver, sweet potatoes, spinach, pumpkin, carrots, and many more.
4. Know The Advantage Of Hyaluronic Acid And Vitamin C
Another way to increase collagen levels in the body is by taking Hyaluronic Acid and vitamin C-enriched food. The acid helps promote Its production and heal wounds or cuts. Also, vitamin C has many nutritional benefits that not only help in giving glowing and shinier skin but also boost overall health. It is available in food such as citrus fruits, green or red peppers, strawberries, broccoli, and others.
5. You Can Try Collagen Supplements
There are various collagen supplements that help in boosting overall health. It also helps to give clear, smooth, and glowing skin and keeps away from many skin-related diseases. Besides, it directly affects the collagen structure within the body and gives other essential benefits.
6 Include More Protein Rich Foods And Boost Stamina
If you want to include more collagen and increase the level within the body, it is essential to eat more protein-rich foods to boost heart health, stamina, and overall mental well-being. There are many foods available that are enriched with protein and give naturally glowing skin. Also, you can take it as a supplement, and it gives overall benefits to the body and mind.
Why Does Collagen Level Drop And What Are Its Symptoms?
Collagen as a protein in your body, is a powerful component that not only boosts skin but also helps in promoting many health benefits. Moreover, certain situations lead to a decrease in collagen levels and show some symptoms. Let’s see some reasons given below-
- If you are not eating a proper nutritional diet,
- When consuming less water and avoiding exercise.
- When not adopting healthy lifestyles like an increase in smoking or taking alcohol.
Moreover, the decrease in collagen levels has negative effects like shrinking or weakening muscles, joint pain, or osteoarthritis due to worn cartilage and others. Also, it causes wrinkles and crepey skin and there might be gastrointestinal problems that happen due to the thinning of the lining in your digestive tract.
Collagen is a useful substance that not only boosts skin health but also gives benefits to the heart, gut, memory, and others. Studies say that an increase in collagen helps the skin soften, get smoother, and renew and repair itself. It is available in your muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, organs, blood vessels, skin, intestinal lining, hair, along with other connective tissues. In addition, you can take these supplements which can be either taken as food or drink as beverages by adding spicy flavors to make them tastier and healthy.
- Blume-Peytavi U., Kottner J., Sterry W., Hodin M.W., Griffiths T.W., Watson R.E., Hay R.J., Griffiths C.E. Age-Associated Skin Conditions and Diseases: Current Perspectives and Future Options. Gerontology. 2016;56(Suppl. 2):S230–S242. doi: 10.1093/geront/gnw003. [PubMed]
- Perez-Sanchez A., Barrajon-Catalan E., Herranz-Lopez M., Micol V. Nutraceuticals for Skin Care: A Comprehensive Review of Human Clinical Studies. Nutrients. 2018;10:403. doi: 10.3390/nu10040403. [PMC free article]