The physical therapy profession is broad-based and diverse, representing a variety of specialized practice areas. Reflecting this diversity of practice, the American Physical Therapy Associations (APTA) offers individual memberships in its 19 nationwide special-interest organizations. These "sections" as they're known, provide a forum in which physical therapists can exchange ideas and techniques unique to their area of practice.
If you are interested in sports medicine and healthy orthopedics, then this is the place for you! Almost 8,000 strong, the American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy is the second-largest section among the APTA’s components.
The American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy addresses the needs of members interested in athletic injury management, including acute care, treatment and rehabilitation, prevention and education.
Join the AASPT today! APTA membership is a prerequisite to Academy membership. For more information or to join, contact the APTA at 800.999.2782 or 703.684.2782. Or you may join online at this link.
Graduate membership benefits include
- Subscriptions to three great journals!
- Subscription to the Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy
- Subscription to Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach
(bimonthly and online only)
- Subscription to the online publication International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy
(seven times annually)
- Reduced tuition to the dynamic Team Concept Conference
, first week of December each year
- Reduced tuition for Sports Section Home Study Courses
to earn continuing education credits
- Involvement in Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- AASPT's Mentorship Program
- Opportunities to become involved in the Academy's activities to further the profession of sports physical therapy
- Opportunities to build professional relationships with peers as well as the leaders in sports physical therapy
- Find your next great position through our Job Bank!
- Our State Representative Network
, monitoring and reporting activities in each state.
- Special benefits offered by sponsors only to AASPT members!
Student membership benefits include
- All graduate membership benefits except access to Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach
subscriptions are online only for students
- Please note: Student members are also unable to vote in Section elections
- Physical Therapist: $60
- Physical Therapist - Post Professional Student: $25
- Physical Therapist Assistant: $50
- Life Physical Therapist/Life Physical Therapist Assistant: $0
- Student Physical Therapist/Student Physical Therapist Assistant: $20
- Retired Physical Therapist/Retired Physical Therapist Assistant: $0